Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Enormity of Human Sin

     A wise soul once told me, "In your life, sin will keep you from the Bible, or the Bible will keep you from sin. The choice is yours."
     In that simple statement lies a profound truth about our humanity and our sin nature. In our self-serving unholy pursuits we push away that which would deliver us from our vile tendencies, and we embrace that which seeks to destroy us and our lives. I have seen those truths in action in my own life, depending on my choices. I cannot blame God or anyone else for the things that I choose to do, or for the consequences of my choices.
     For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
     Whether you, currently, believe such things, or not, may I encourage you to read, or reread, the Bible, particularly refreshing yourself in its books of Psalms, Proverbs, John, and Romans, for life itself springs from the Word of God, as does wisdom and success (God only uses the word success once in the whole Bible).
     Here is the key to life and peace in, through, and with the God of Creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment