Sunday, September 25, 2016
15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!
16 Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the LORD'S right hand shall be turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.
Please repent, before it's too late!
Sunday, September 18, 2016
To my grandkids, as you come of age to vote:
A lack of godly wisdom, not the age of the voter, is the real issue in society and politics, especially for those voters who vote with their cravings, feelings, or hormones. It is a great personal and social weakness to fail to vote according to godly principles. Only when our votes are based on biblical and constitutional principles do we shed light on our society and improve our mutual condition.
In some political circles, the voters may love a particularly favorite sin of theirs, or they may be afraid of personal responsibility, or they may not have much experience, or hold responsible jobs, or have any significant family concerns to help make them realize their responsibilities and duties to God and to our Constitution.
In other circles, certain rich people, like the Clintons, refuse to give away all their own money, BUT they try to take away other people's hard earned money. Those, like the Clintons, think that by increasing taxes on us, taking our money, and putting our money into government coffers, that their socialistic government programs can fix everything by throwing money at problems. But, those same people fail to accept how much money the government wastes every year, through all the declensions overhead costs and superfluous programs. Socialists, like that, take away our money, save their own money, and then give away our money to support their own favorite programs, even when most of the rest of us citizens don't want to be taxed for all those socialistic giveaway programs.
Our government is too big and too invasive in everyone's personal business. Our country continues to be in a major financial crisis that even your own grandchildren will not be able to pay off. Our people cannot tolerate any more heavy taxation or expensive give away programs. Voters need to take responsibility and vote to stop the destructive liberal and socialistic spending that is undermining our nation's stability and security. Voters need to stop all the government programs that are robbing US workers of their livelihoods and that are undermining people's sense of personal responsibility to God, to our Constitution, and to each other.
I am not saying these things to scare you, but to let you know the truth about some of the real problems our nation is facing. If people continue to refuse to change their attitudes and their ways, if we, as a nation, do not return to doing things God's way and to the principles of our Constitution, then our nation shall continue to fall apart with increasing rapidity.
Elections should never be about trying to elect popular people or because someone is rich or poor, or of a particular sex or color. According to our Constitution, elections are supposed to elect candidates of God moral character, who also have proven themselves to be capable managers, trustworthy, and who support and defend our Constitution, and what it says.
Elected officials are required to take the oath of office, and in that oath they promise to support and defend our Constitution... But too many hired, appointed, and elected officials forget or ignore their oath of promise and they go against the rules of our Constitution. Whenever any government officials break their promises to support, defend, and uphold our Constitution, they are working to break down our Nation and do not deserve to remain in office, but should be ousted by the voters.
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Anyone who wants God's forgiveness and an eternal home with Him in His Heaven, please read this.
Friday, September 16, 2016
- NEVER loan money to anyone as a personal favor, and NEVER co-sign a personal loan! Business is business and personal is personal. There is ALWAYS some kind of payday and consequence involved when money and wealth are at stake in this life. When you’re waiting for friends or family to pay you back for their overdue personal loan, it’s all too easy for bitterness, frustration, and anger to percolate in the lender who did the borrower the ‘favor’. As the Bible says, “The borrower is servant to the lender.” Being in THAT obligatory lender/borrower servitude mode tends to ruin relationships, because it is seldom treated as a strictly business arrangement with clearly defined consequences and target dates for termination of the loan. Financial martyrdom and abuse have no place in familial or friendly relations.
- NEVER GIVE away more than you can afford to lose permanently. Do NOT allow feelings, instead of principles, to drive your giving habits. Gifts, donations, and financial favors, based on feelings, get out of hand quickly, and usually fail most or all financial accountability tests, for both lender and recipient.
- IF someone asks for help and YOU have proven that there is a real need, remember that genuine urgent borrowers seldom calculate what they may really need, or feel embarrassed to ask for as much as they think they might need, so GIVE them a GIFT of more than they say that they need, BUT, do NOT give more than you can afford to let go forever.
- NEVER expect to see any such GIFT returned to you.
- Let it go!
- Never ask for gifted money to be returned.
- NEVER remind other people of what you did for them.
- NEVER tell anyone else of your generosity.
- Tell that recipient person that, as Jesus Christ has been good to you, and to them, it is your responsibility, and theirs, to responsibly share His blessings with others, whenever they are aware of the real needs of others, AND able to afford to help. (Remember Christ's commendation of the “Good Samaritan”.)
- Take personal responsibility for doing your OWN investigation of the other person’s need
- Do NOT let the gift come between you and the other person.
- As you give that person that GIFT, and whether or not the person insists on wanting to pay you back, politely refuse to allow them to return your gift. Instead, tell them to do the same for someone else, as God has allowed you to do for them, when the time comes in their own life.
- Links to God's biblical definitions, examples, and comments about: