Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Beware of False Teachers & False Prophets: God Wants Our Focus On His Word

God does not want us worshipping earthly things or people:
Luke 11:27-28
27  And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28  But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.


God wants us to trust all of His Word as our temporal and eternal guide and hope:
John 12:44-50
44   Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45  And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46  I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50  And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.


God warns us about false teachers who pervert and water down His Word:
2 Peter 2:1-2
 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2  And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.


God shows us the speed with which He wants us to obey His Word:
Ezekiel 1:14
14  And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

According to the Word of God, the Bible, the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ is calling to you right now to trust Jesus, for God says that His Christ, alone, is your only hope of salvation. Every day most of us hear all manner of fleshly and religious arguments against God and His Christ. BUT, if you want to save your eternal life, which God says that you are going to spend in only one of two places after your earthly death, then repent and choose Jesus, ...even right now, ...before it is too late. The decision is yours, for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment