Sunday, July 12, 2015

Can Our Hearts or Jesus Set Us Free?



Let's see what the Bible says about this important question:
Jeremiah 17:9:
9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

2  A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself."

1  The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2  The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3  They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4  Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.

Psalm 36:1-4:
1  The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
2  For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.
3  The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.
4  He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.

Proverbs 9:10:
10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Psalm 111:10:
10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

1 John 2:15-17:
15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

John 12:44-50
44   Jesus cried [ed. cried out] and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45  And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46  I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50  And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Obviously, according to God's Word, it is far better to follow the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, than to follow our hearts. Ask Jesus to help you resist the ways of the devil and of the world, and look here to start your journey to find the security, peace, joy, and purpose that God wants you to have and know in your life.


As we've seen, according to the Bible, fools follow their hearts, BUT, Jesus Came to Set Us Free!


No comments:

Post a Comment